Prolonging the life of your new soft top
To prolong the life of you car hood, you should always store the car with the hood up, never leave your soft top down when it is wet, as mould and shrinkage will occur.
Other maintenance tips include:
- Keep your new soft top in the CLOSED position for a minimum of two days to allow the material to stretch to the correct tension.
- NEVER use a jet wash/car wash to clean the soft top.
- NEVER store the soft top in the open position for long periods of time or when the soft top is wet.
- Avoid long periods of inactivity of the mechanism as this can cause the frame to seize.
- If you have a VINYL soft top – Clean with a soft damp cloth using diluted mild detergent such as washing up liquid.
- If you have a MOHAIR soft top – Clean with a soft clothes brush to remove the dust and use a damp cloth diluted mild detergent such as washing up liquid to remove stains.
And finally……never use a cloth containing lint to clean a mohair soft top as this is the result!!
Both comments and pings are currently closed.