I just wanted to thank you and the Carhood Team for the fantastic quality of hood, service and fitting you provided on my Porsche 997. I am very fussy and particular, wanting a Sonnenland canvas replacement to match what comes out of the German factory.
You supplied exactly the specification I requested and your fitter Brian is a professional of the highest standard with years of experience.
Gary – Happy customer from Lincolnshire
Yes, that’s how we feel about our work. Every day we take great pride in filling the world with one beautiful car hood at a time.
So you can imagine our delight when, yesterday, our owner Dave Phillips was “pictured” fitting a new car hood on a classic Mercedes 280SL. The replacement mohair soft top cost £750 including VAT to supply and fit.
If you would like your convertible car to be your work of art then you know where to bring it!! Just give us a call on 020 8391 5324 or 020 8391 5326 to find out more or book your soft top into our workshop.
Dear Tina and the top team at Car Hood Warehouse,
You have just fitted a rear screen to my TVR Chimaera, what an excellent piece of work from real professionals. Polite, very knowledgeable and such high quality for an extremely competitive price. In fact great value, you have transformed the car and I thoroughly recommend any TVR or soft top owner to use your expertise first.
We know… You’re trying to save money, and a new hood for your beloved convertible car is not the cheapest of things. And then you add on the cost of getting it fitted!
It’s a story we are all too familiar with. There are plenty of tips and tricks on the Internet on how to fit your own car hood, just as there are plenty of companies you can buy a car hood from with the view to fitting it yourself. On the face of it, you have saved some money and you have the instructions at your fingertips.
Not so. As professional car hood fitters, with years of experience, we have seen the pitfalls of trying to fit a car hood yourself. We don’t supply just a car hood to retail customers precisely because we know how hard it is to fit a car hood, if you don’t know what you are doing. So if you are thinking about taking this route, we encourage you to think again.
And here are FIVE reasons why you should never try to fit a car hood yourself:
1. You could inadvertently cause further damage to your beloved convertible. Because step one – you have to take the damaged or old hood off. This is a job in itself!
2. You absolutely need the right tools and the right adhesives to make the job work. These are not easily available and if you do manage to get hold of the right stuff you might not use it correctly.
3. Lost fixings can put a scupper on the whole thing. When taking off your old or damaged car hood it’s so easy to misplace or lose the tiny, fiddly fixings used. If you do lose a fixing or two, and especially with older cars, you may not be able to replace them and bingo! You have no hood to fit and no car to drive.
4. There are no guarantees when you try to fit your own hood. You do a bad job and that’s your bad luck. If you get your convertible hood fitted by experts, with experience, not only do you get peace of mind that they will do a great job (and pretty quickly too) but with us you get a warranty as well.
5. Some hoods are more complicated than others. As experts , we can fit most makes of hoods in a few hours, some as quick as three. That’s with all the years of experience we have. Some do take a bit longer but one thing we can guarantee – it will take you MUCH MUCH more time than a few hours to fit your own hood. Instead of spending half a day or so in our car hood warehouse, your soft top could be off the road for days or even weeks (especially if you get into a fix).
Or one more thing (we know we said FIVE reasons but this one is a goodie), when all is said and done and you factor in the time it could take, the potential damage you could cause and potential lost parts meaning no hood at all, you really should never fit a car hood yourself.
At Car Hood Warehouse, our prices are for the supply and fit of your new convertible hood. Even then we are very competitive and on top of that you get a warranty on your hood and the best customer service in the industry!
If you fancy a chat about getting your new car hood fitted, then just give us a call on 020 8391 5324 or 5326. We are a friendly team, who want to help fill the world with one beautiful car hood at a time.
Hi, Just a quick line to thank you for the fantastic service I received last week. From the moment I arrived I knew I was in good hands, Tyrone is a great guy who really knows his stuff.
My rear window was replaced within 3 hours and I am delighted with the quality of the work and the price beat any other quotes I had by a mile. Thanks again.