There’s nothing like driving along with the top down in the beautiful sunshine on a warm summer’s day. After all, that’s what convertibles were made for!
But what about when the sun goes away, the temperature drops and the rain, wind and even snow hit? Not only do we all feel the effects of Winter but so does your soft top! And that’s why it’s important to keep a check on your car hood regularly to prevent any long-term damage.
Our top tips are:
- If you are fitting a hard top make sure the soft top is completely dry before folding it away.
- Avoid long periods of inactivity of the mechanism as this can cause the frame to seize. So just get your top down as often as you can. 🙂
- Keep vinyl soft tops clean with a soft damp cloth and diluted mild detergent, such as washing up liquid.
- If you have a mohair soft top then use a soft clothes brush to remove the dust and a damp (lint-free) cloth diluted mild detergent, such as washing up liquid to remove any stains.
- Condensation inside the car at this time of year is very common with convertibles. We recommend you remove any water with a dry cloth and put the heater on regularly. In the warmer months get your car dry as much as possible by opening the soft top and enjoy!